Personal Injury · Education Law · Employment Law · Family Law
Over the years in our law firm, our law practice has focused on personal injury, education law, employment law and family law matters. We represent auto accident victims, students and their parents, employers and employees, and husbands, wives and parents facing divorce or child custody issues.
To schedule an initial consultation regarding your legal concern with a lawyer of ROBINSON & CLAPHAM, call 401-783-3600 or e-mail the law offices. We pledge to give your inquiry a prompt response.
Personal Injury: An examination of the police report, medical records and reports of eyewitnesses is important.
Car Accident: Each car accident presents a unique set of circumstances.
- Injured Passenger: Insurance "stacking" may be an option that will help an injured passenger obtain the compensation that he or she needs.
- Truck Accident: A truck accident may have been caused by driver fatigue or failure to maintain a truck in safe driving condition.
- Motorcycle Accident: Our attorneys work to combat bias against motorcyclists when making claims for compensation on behalf of injured bikers.
- Drunk Driving Accident: The fact that the other driver was under the influence of alcohol may help or hinder your claim for compensation.
- Dram Shop: A bar or restaurant that served a driver who in turn caused injury or death in a traffic accident may be responsible.
- Pedestrian Accidents: A hit-and-run pedestrian injury or death may mean that you will need to file a claim for compensation under your own auto insurance or your homeowners insurance.
Boating Accidents: Accidents on the water may involve motor boats, jet skis and other personal watercraft.
Dog Bite / Animal Attack: A dog bite injury may require surgery down the road. A full report from a diagnostic physician should be closely examined.
Construction Site Accidents: Besides a workers' compensation claim against an employer, there may be a third party liability claim after a construction site accident.
Brain Injury: Closed head injuries are often tricky to codify and document — but it can be done through neuropsychological testing and other means.
Wrongful Death: A fatal accident may lead to a wrongful death claim to compensate the family for medical costs, funeral and burial costs, replacement of loss of income from the person who died, and other losses including loss of companionship and loss of the marital relationship.
Education Law: Parents often need legal help to get the special education help that their children need.
Special Education Law: Our attorneys have extensive experience in this area.
Autism and Special Education: Does your autistic child receive appropriate special education at school?
IEPs and 504 Plans: We represent students and their parents.
Employment Law: Our clients include employers and employees.
Representing Employers: We help employers prepare employee handbooks and prevent litigation.
FMLA Disputes: Watch out for retaliation by your employer when you attempt to take maternity leave per FMLA or the Rhode Island family and medical leave act.
Employment Discrimination: You may have a claim against your employer for back wages if you were discriminated against illegally.
- Sexual Harassment: Sexual harassment may be in the form of a hostile work environment, or it may be "quid pro quo," involving requests for sexual favors in return for promotions or favorable treatment on the job.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: This is a form of gender discrimination.
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination: LGBT concerns at work may include blatant, illegal discrimination.
- Racial Discrimination: Were members of your ethnic group routinely passed over for promotions, raises and other favorable treatment at your place of work?
- Sex/Gender Discrimination: Equal work should mean equal pay.
Wrongful Termination/Severance Package: Was your termination unjustified?
COBRA Benefits: Continue insurance coverage after severance.
Unemployment Compensation: Does your employer refute your claim for unemployment benefits?
Fair Labor Standards Act: Does your employer treat workers fairly?
Employee Wage & Hour Claims (FLSA): Are you asked to work overtime without compensation?
Long Term Disability Claims: We help people confront long-term care insurance carriers that seek to deny coverage.
Whistleblower/Qui Tam: Were you retaliated against after reporting wrongdoing at your workplace?
Family Law: An empathetic attorney for all your family's needs
Divorce: Keep costs down and know your rights.
Child Custody & Support: Helping parents do what is in the best interests of their children.
Contact ROBINSON & CLAPHAM · Rhode Island Attorneys
Contact our Providence law office to schedule a consultation with an experienced employment law or personal injury attorney. We are available evenings and weekends by appointment. Personal injury claims receive free initial consultations and are handled on a contingency basis. We work to keep our fees reasonable in all practice areas.