Robinson & Clapham - Employment Law Attorney
Home Blog
In This Section

Seek compensation for your motorcycle accident injuries

We often see motorcycles on Rhode Island streets, especially this time of year and throughout the summer. Whether you use a motorcycle as your regular form of transportation or just for the pure enjoyment of it, riding this type of vehicle is not without risks. Getting in an accident while riding a motorcycle can have serious physical, emotional and financial consequences.

If you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle collision, what can you do? Can you seek compensation? Who is liable for your injuries? At the end of the day, it all comes down to the cause of the crash.

Seeking compensation

If your accident was the result of another driver's carelessness, a manufacturing defect or city negligence, then yes, you may have the legal right to pursue compensation. Seeking compensation through legal means is not always an easy feat, however. It is necessary to establish negligence to the satisfaction of the court. Obtaining the evidence necessary to do this can take time.

Determining liability

Before you can try to seek compensation, it is necessary to determine liability. This can prove difficult.

Victim blaming happens quite a bit in motorcycle crash cases. If your accident involved another driver, he or she may say that your actions caused the crash, even if it was really theirs. If your crash was the result of a defect, a manufacturer may try to blame you for not taking care of your vehicle properly or modifying the bike in some way, even if neither is true. If poor road conditions contributed to the event, the city may claim that you were not driving appropriately for those conditions.

At the end of the day, the details of the incident are what matter in determining who is liable. In looking at the details, it will be possible to figure out if you can file a civil claim and against whom.

Want to pursue legal action, get help

After a motorcycle accident, according to the state of Rhode Island, you may have legal recourse. You can seek full or even partial compensation by filing a personal injury claim against all those believed responsible for your losses. Though litigating such legal actions can take time, an experienced attorney can help you get through it and, if successful, the court may issue a monetary judgment in your favor for all economic and non-economic damages deemed recoverable.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Schedule A Consultation With An Attorney

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Providence Office
123 Dyer Street, Suite 135
Providence, RI 02903

Phone: 401-594-4365
Fax: 401-331-7888
Providence Law Office Map

Wakefield Office
24 Salt Pond Road, Suite A #8
Wakefield, RI 02879

Phone: 401-400-3841
Fax: 401-783-3670
Wakefield Law Office Map