Intelligent And Comprehensive Employment Law Representation
At Robinson & Clapham, we aggressively protect the rights of employees and employers experiencing legal challenges in the workplace. With years of combined employment law experience and a track record of success, our lawyers are fully prepared to resolve any employment law dispute. We develop cohesive solutions to a variety of disputes, using litigation as necessary to seek the outcomes our clients need.
We Protect The Rights And Interests Of Rhode Island Employers And Employees
Our firm handles a wide range of cases involving employees’ rights, employee vs. employer disputes as well as other matters, including:
- Sexual harassment: Unwanted sexual remarks, demands for sexual favors and sexually explicit material and comments can all constitute illegal sexual harassment. If your employer is not taking your sexual harassment complaint seriously, we can help.
- Fair Labor Standards Act: If you have been forced to work overtime or off the clock without pay, our lawyers will be happy to evaluate your potential wage and hour claim.
- Wrongful termination: Were you fired for being a whistleblower? We may be able to help you file a claim for wrongful termination or retaliatory discharge. We can also help you file a qui tam action to expose fraudulent conduct against the federal government.
- Unemployment compensation: If your employer is incorrectly saying that you voluntarily quit or you committed misconduct by violating company policy, you have a right to appeal a denial of unemployment compensation benefits.
- Employment discrimination: You may be entitled to damages caused by the following forms of illegal employment discrimination:
- Age discrimination
- Race discrimination
- Sex or gender discrimination
- Religious discrimination
- Disability or pregnancy discrimination
- Sexual orientation discrimination
Whether you are experiencing unjust treatment at work or you face an accusation from an employee, our team will provide smart, experienced counsel to help you advocate for your rights.
Get The Benefits You Deserve
State and federal law provide certain rights and benefits for employees. We can assist you with matters involving:
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
If your employer is refusing to abide by these laws, our firm will provide aggressive and skilled advocacy.
Resolve Your Workplace Legal Disputes With Our Help
Contact our Providence law office to schedule a consultation with an experienced employment law attorney. We are available evenings and weekends by appointment. You can reach us by calling 401-661-8287 or at 401-783-3600, or by completing our online contact form.